2012-02-07

Doll House - Zucchini chocolate cake

I finally started to go through my hard drive. These pictures are from summer 2010 (couldn't skip though it is old) when I visited a friend's baby girl's first birthday party. A doll house was exclusively built for her, in their garden beside the lake. The doll house was extremely adorable, with little bed, dinning table, kitchen utensils, toys and chairs. Party was filled candies, chocolate, desserts and kids high on sugar. Those were the days when I was learning portraits, still learning, it is tough with kids, so it was a fun evening. The b'day girl was center of attraction, a social baby and she enjoyed her day completely. I had this cake at the party, I couldn't come out without asking for the recipe simply because it was delicious, later I paid back her mum with party pictures. Today is writers block day for me, it took more than one hour to write this (in state of shock to see pic untouched from 2009). I tweaked this recipe to my own choice, but unfortunately didn't note down the changes. So i'm giving you the original recipe, this makes a  large portion, coffee table at work saved me, feel free to half it or just go by this! Happy baking! 




                                       she wasn't happy when so many were entering her territory




                                             She had great fun seeing what everyone gave her



Ingredients
(It is according to finnish conversion in a day or two will give the measurement in gram)
6 dl  wheat  flour
4 dl sugar
1.5 dl cocoa powder
2 dl oil
5 dl grated zucchini
2 teaspoons  baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
2 eggs
70 gram chopped walnuts
dash of cream

Preheat the oven to 175 C
Mix everything together, pour the mixture in a prepared large rectangular cake pan or any cake pan. Bake for 45 min till the knife inserted comes out clean. Could be served with whipped cream or vanilla sauce.

21 comments:

My Kitchen Antics February 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM  

what a cutie pie she is..n that house..oh my wish i had one now n id still play in it :)
cake as usual looks gorgeous..that stack is to die for

divya February 8, 2012 at 4:38 AM  

looks delectable :)

Unknown February 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM  

That's a dream come true doll house for a girl! The cake is totally heavenly! Delish!

Vimitha Durai February 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM  

The cake looks gorgeous and moist. Do send it across to my ongoing event.
The bday gal looks so cute and beautiful
My culinary Trial room
Ongoing event - Love n Chocolate Fest

lubnakarim06 February 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM  

She is a cutie pie...love the look in her eyes....cake looks yummy....

Suja Manoj February 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM  

Cake looks divine,moist and super yum..

Cassia Bark February 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM  

OMG that's a doll house for grown ups!!! hmmmm now u've given me a wicked idea...my husband won't like it as he has to build everything here :D...and the baby is soooo cute :)

the cake looks super yum as always....will give it a shot soon :)

SuklaaSammakko February 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM  

Looks absolutely delicious!
I gave an award for your in my blog http://suklaasammakko.blogspot.com/2012/02/tunnustus.html
It's in Finnish, but the keypoints are (if you want to accept the award):
1) Mention in your blog who gave you this award.
2) Tell 7 random facts about yourself.
3) Pass the award to 15 lovely blogs.

Victor February 10, 2012 at 6:45 AM  

I'm still haven't gone my sets of pics from my past trips. That's quite a wonderful doll house.

Love the picture of the zucchini, I sure want a bite of it right now :-)

Devaki February 10, 2012 at 9:14 PM  

Oh please can someone adopt me so I can get a doll house like this? Oh what a love she is :) Your mountain ofzook-choc cake makes me want to run away with the plate - you know what a fan I am am of zook in cakes :)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU & YOURS :)

chow :) Devaki @ weavethousandflavors

Joyti February 11, 2012 at 7:03 AM  

Ooo, that dollhouse is SO pretty!
And the chocolate-zucchini cake sounds divine.

Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything} February 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM  

i want a house just like that doll house. and chocolate cake. boy, i'd be so happy!

Magic of Spice February 14, 2012 at 7:46 PM  

What beautiful photos, I would not mind having that doll house myself :)
The cake bits look incredible!
Happy Valentines Day :)

www.mahaslovelyhome.com February 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM  

looks yum n so delicious..

Kirby February 21, 2012 at 6:31 AM  

wow nice photos. even its only an old pic its looks so refreshing.
your zucchini chocolate cake is good its just like a brownies. simple nice i want to try it also.

www.mahaslovelyhome.com February 24, 2012 at 10:14 PM  

wow...........looks really awesome.u made it perfectly......

Rose from Magpies Recipes March 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM  

How cute is that little one! The cake sounds great and wow! That doll house is so amazing! haha i just remembered my sister and I made a "doll house" for our barbies out of a shelf and it was pretty high tech too. We used a shoe box tied with string as an elevator :)

Pavithra Elangovan March 28, 2012 at 4:32 PM  

Looks awesome and love the recipe too..yumm :)

Pavithra Elangovan March 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM  

OOOOOooooooh i love that house tooo...

Zari(Nilam) April 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM  

good creativity.....zucchini with chocolate.

Food Safety Certification July 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM  

Tiny bits of cake… will definitely be craving for more. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

 
designed by GeCe for special use by A Pinch of Love